Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WHAT I'M TAKING UP FOR LENT


Before Ash Wednesday I had been grappling with  something to take on -I'm giving up eating sweets, meat and alcohol-that might help others in some manner. First I thought perhaps I would volunteer daily at a shelter or something along the lines but my schedule is too hectic. Instead I decided to spotlight a charity each day during Lent. Some you may have heard of and others might be obscure but one thing they all share in common is that they are empowering or aiding a much needed population. Some of these charities have big fundraising goals that are met and/or exceeded and some need your donation more than ever. Please take the time to read through and donate whichever way you can(Money, Company Give, Time, Supplies). Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment