Monday, October 31, 2011

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DRIVING EXPERIENCE CHICAGO



Land Rover North America hosted a driving experience this past weekend in Chicago. The South parking area at Soldier Field served as the rugged terrain. Don was my driving instructor and he was very knowledgeable. The Evoque, though not as large as most of the other SUV's in the Land Rover fleet, it does not skimp on the luxury feel. The leather seats fit the driver snug. The car is equipped with Meridian audio system and the navigation system which is integrated into the dashboard is very user friendly. The driving experience took us on Columbus and Lakeshore drive and even when we hit some of those potholes you couldn’t really feel it. I got to drive the 5 door prestige. After we left the road, I got to drive on the “off road” simulated area. To test the off road capabilities of the car, there was a large mound of gravel setup and the car went up and down the hill, It was so cool. You accelerated a little bit to go up hill and to go downhill I took my foot off the brakes and the car took over,  I was duly impressed! I think this car is a great fit for someone looking for a sleek but yet rugged car that can withhold all the elements and get you through the Chicago winter.  Fun fact: about 70% of the Evoque’s interior is made of recyclable material. I am a fan of the Land Rover brand and If I were in the market for a new car at this time I will highly consider the evoque especially with winter approaching and it gets 28 miles to a gallon, not bad huh!
Land Rover has held a reputation of producing luxurious and lasting Sport Utility Vehicles and the Evoque is a welcome addition to Land Rover family and the most fuel efficient with about 28 miles per gallon. The EVOQUE was recently named SUV of the YEAR by MotorTrend magazine.




photo: Timothy Hiatt for Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment