Monday, December 19, 2011

NECOLE BITCHIE HOSTS X-RATED LIQUEUR CHICAGO


Blogger and entrepreneur Necole Kane better known as Necole Bitchie  was in Chicago on Thursday Dec. 15, 2011 hosting the Chicago stop of the X-Rated Fusion Liqueur Tour. The event was held at Hebru Brantley's space at the Lacuna Artist Loft (2150 S. Canalport). Ms. Kane has expanded her brand from self blogger to strategic partnerships with corporate brands.  I had the opportunity to briefly speak with Ms. Kane, who offered some behind the scenes insights and what it takes to run Necolebitchie.com

What were your early blogging days like:
It was grinding. Before, it was just me and I was blogging everyday and then I learned  to sell advertising; building on that I decided I wanted to do appearances and host events and it became too much for one person to do.
What is the day to day now?
Currently, I've built NecoleBitchie to include a sales staff so they bring revenue into the site and I have a staff of writers that help me with blog posts and keeping the site updated. It was initially hard to give up that control because now it was going to be a blend of other voices but I had to add the writers to keep the site updated. The writers compose the posts and I edit it the way Necole would write it. You know, people dont care that you are going out of town as long as they get their news.

How do you market yourself(brand) to these companies?
For me the first thing is to write down a list of companies you would like to associate your brand with. What makes sense for my audience and brand? How does it help the brand? How does it help that certain company? Once I do that, I start to reach out through my publicist or manager.  Know exactly what type of partnerships you want.



What entities comprise NecoleBitchie the brand?
I have a publicist (Christina Rice of Luxe Life Media) and a business manager(who takes care of the financial aspects), writers, sales. I wil have a manager in the new year to help facilitate my partnerships. A lawyer because your attorney becomes the most important person after a while especially when it comes to people buying a piece of your site or wanting you to sign any document.

What would Necole now tell Necole 10yrs before?
 I really appreciated the whole struggle but I would tell her not hold unto grudges (my aunt was the person that disappointed me). But invite people that might have hurt me back into my life

Do you still hold on to that grudge?
Yes

What would be your dream interview?
Oprah.

Really, Oprah? Why
I don't want the person to come in with their guards up because they are talking to a blogger.I'm not the type to dig into messy rumors. I want to know things people are interested in and something that can be relevant even a year after.
I hope people let their guard down and start giving really good interview
 Luvvie Ajayi(Awesomely Luvvie), Patrice Yursik (Afrobella), Necole Kane (NecoleBitchie)  
 (L-R) Raijean Stroud(Swa-Rai), Patrice Yursik(Afrobella), Necole Kane (NecoleBitchie) 
Luvvie Ajayi(Awesomely Luvvie)  

Renee Matthews, Christina Rice, Valeisha Butterfield, Luvvie Ajayi, Patrice Yursik

No comments:

Post a Comment